Saturday, April 9, 2016

Weekly Update Mar 18-Apr 7

This is another "weekly update" that covers several weeks.

Blog Posts

Presentation Design: Before and After
This is a real example of how slides can be redesigned to appear more visual in nature.

Classes That Mattered
What classes from school were helpful over the years? This is my list.

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Review of How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.

Webinar Review: Micro-Coaching
Micro-coaching takes the successful elements of formal coaching and applies them to situations where a more immediate result is needed.

Travel Math
Use TravelMath.com, an online app to find cost estimates, distances, and information about destinations, including the closest airport.

Great Circle Mapper
This is the second in a series of posts on travel-related websites. The previous post focused on TravelMath.com, while this post is about a fun mapping app, Great Circle Mapper.

Writing 365

I recently spent three days out of town. Unfortunately, my schedule was such that I was unable to meet my goal of writing 1,000 words per day. I still wrote some words, but fell short of the goal. However, as soon as I returned home, my output returned to the usual average of around 1,250 words per day. The dip in the chart below represents the week when I was out of town.

In my last update I shared briefly about a book project which affected my Writing 365 project. Just as I am back to reaching my daily word goal, I also am back to writing in the four categories of journal, devotional, e-book, and blog post. For the first part of the year I faithfully wrote in each category every day. As the year has progressed my focus has been on the word count, writing in journal faithfully and writing with more flexibility in the other categories. It is still early in the year (just passed the 25% mark), so my plan may continue to evolve.



No comments:

Post a Comment